Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oooh look, a shiny thing!

There's a huge jumble of things on my mind tonight.... 

1) the two new craft books I bought at Joann's today with my 50% off coupons (love it lol) are fantastic!  They are full of really great ideas on how to encorporate mixed media with sewing and scrapbooking!  I wish I had a room in the house just for me to get out all my craft stuff to get creative!
2)  I'm very excited to start the opera intensive program at New England Conservatory of Music tomorrow!  Marguerite in Faust is such a beautiful role to sing :)  and I'm definitely starting to better understand the french language and the art of singing "lighter".
3)  On the other hand, Mariane in Tartuffe is going to be a challenge.  As much as I love singing character roles, I want to learn to be more natural on-stage and not too over dramatic.  I think singing the engenue but singing one as real as I can possibly make her is my new challenge in performing.  It's easy to be funny...okay, well sometimes it is...
4)  I miss my Dad.  but we're both too stubborn to be the first one to cave.
5)  the story David retold to me today after church about a beetle crawling into someone's ear and the doctor having to use tweezers to remove it is still in the back of my head and making me feel like things are creepy crawling all over me even though I know we just finished cleaning the house and there's no way I'm dumb oblivious enough to not notice some nasty bug crawl into my ear!
6)  I LOVE asparagus!  we had it for dinner and it was sooo good!  Davey puts olive oil and salt on them and grills them.  They're semi crunchy and not soggy like when they get boiled.  realllllllllly good!
7)  Apparently there are jelly fish that live in fresh water that can actually kill you if you touch their tentacles.  I now know this thanks to the history channel or whatever channel we watched for a few minutes tonight..... also there are sea walnuts!  They're actually pretty amazing!  The Aquarium here in Boston has them on display and I saw them for the first time a few weeks ago- they are these small jelly fish that have a rainbow looking current of electricity running through them.  I was entrigued!  but I'm always entrigued by sea creatures.... maybe I was a mermaid in a past life...haha
8)  I'm horrible at communication.  just plain am The Suck. 
10)  isn't it funny how in the moment, things or life seems bad but a few years down the road you realize how much you'd rather be back in that situation?  ohh oklahoma, I really do miss you!
11)  Did I seriously just forget how to count to 10 lol... 8, 10, 11
12)  I really like my facewash.  It's called skin renew resurfacing three-way cleanser by Garnier Nutrisse.
13)  Daisy hates it when I try to brush her teeth.  but she has stinky breath!
14)  I wonder what I should wear tomorrow... pants, skirt, dress? 
15)  I hope I sound alright tomorrow for the first day of rehearsal....  I neeeeeed a voice lesson!!!!!!
16)  Trying to decifer what is actually jumbled up in my mind feels harder than I thought.  Does that mean there really isn't that much going on in my mind?  It seems the harder I concentrate on something the more everything goes blank and I can actually hear a tumbleweed roll by and the wind rustling ;)

ah well, I'm bored.  Sorry!  Hope you're not!  I made a new banner today?  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Funny list!

    1. Don't judge ont he ear thing. I had an earwig crawl into my ear while sleeping. It was AWFUL and horrifying!@ Just saying.

    2. I too am the WORST at communication. It sucks for sure. Sorry you struggle too.

    3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have no secret for the weightloss. I literaly did nothing but stop eating sugar. Now, if I actually want to lose some more, I will have to stop eating all the carbs. But, one thing at a time people, one ting at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what happened to 9. Seven ate nine. (Get it? 7-8-9...okay, I listen to WAY too much toddler music. This one is by the BareNaked Ladies and is quite funny!)

    Good luck at the conservatory. Now I must go check my ears...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE asparagus! I drizzle it with olive oil then salt and pepper and bake it and the ends get crispy and delicious! I left a ridiculous message on your home voice mail today...callllll meeee I miss your face! Hope today was super fantastic coolness remarkable! You're gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Allyson- an earwig? what's that? *shudder sorry to hear that happened to you for real!

    @CountessLaurie- hehehehehe love it! I didn't know BareNaked Ladies did toddler music!?

    @Ari- mmmm i'm totally hungry thinking about asparagus! I haven't heard the message... we sorta never check them lol now it's a pain because I think there are 20 messages on there and you have to listen to all of them just to get to the most recent... I know, I know, I'm lazy!

    ReplyDelete

I <3 comments! Tell me what's on your mind...